Friday, May 18, 2007

"The Music Band"

There are lots of good band names. There are some bad ones. If you want people to be able to find you on the internet, don't name your band "The Wedding". And don't make your first album self-titled.

Try to find their first album on google or amazon... I dare you.


oh, "Live" is another one, but they're excused since they made their name before Al Gore made the internet. And before Ted Stevens identified the internet as "not a big truck; it's a series of tubes"


8 comments:

Jaye Logan said...

i was gonna name my band (that exsists only in my head.) "toast" any ways...:P

PassiveAssassin said...

hmm... They think that's a good name too...

Jaye Logan said...

O_O...hey!!they stole my name!!!!

Sunnee said...

I have a friend who actually named his band "Band To Be Announced Later". Sure, looks great on a t-shirt, but trying to figure out where they are playing is the pits.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Red is hard to find.

PassiveAssassin said...

I always wanted to name my band "Fragile" so I could steal other bands' equipment. (Hey, my name is on it!)

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Maybe that's who stole all of Chevelle's stuff not too long ago!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.