Sunday, January 21, 2007

Harry Potter & Evelyn

Well, we just cleaned out and "interior decorated" a playroom-under-the-stairs for Evelyn. We still have some work to do, and these photos don't represent it very well, but you get what you pay for. Yes, I mean YOU. We still plan on painting some clouds, and maybe setting up a little table or something. But Evelyn is pretty happy with it as it is.

Faith and I painted the walls...
(evie enjoying the new view)




Left Wall


Right Wall



Evelyn likes to play with the stud finder, as you can see above... When she went to bed tonight, I was singing her some songs (total requests live), and she wanted me to sing happy birthday to "tuh fer". We went through all the things and people we could think of, trying to figure out what she was asking for. I even got her out of bed and walked her through the house, trying to get her to point it out for me, because she was very insistent. Finally I had to give up, and we put her to bed and shut the door, with her little voice crying for "tuh fer". I walked downstairs and was looking through the house, thinking through all the things we had done that day, and finally guessed that it might be the stud finder. I went back into her room and asked her, and she said yes. So we sang happy birthday to the stud finder.

Maybe we'll bake it a cake.

10 comments:

K. H. said...

that is soo funny..

PassiveAssassin said...

Hmm... after further review, that may not be what she was saying. She brought it up again tonight, and when I said "stud finder", she didn't respond with the same excitement. Sighh... there's no one we can ask, either!

K. H. said...

she probably forgot herself what she meant

Beth said...

dude evelyn might just be the most awesome toddler in the universe.

K. H. said...

so did i miss the Harry Potter part?

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Are you saying Harry is a stud? I can only imagine how cool it would've been to have a room under the stairs when we were young. ...actually I just wanted stairs at all.

K. H. said...

i can oooonly imaaaagine....

PassiveAssassin said...

The Harry Potter part is that it's a room under the stairs. It's a subtle association.

K. H. said...

too subtle for my brains obviously

Beth said...

i got it because i just read that chapter concerning under the stairsness last night. and i want one. room under the stairs that is.