Friday, January 5, 2007

Mission Accomplished

So I got an Aero Ace remote control plane yesterday, and took it out flying at lunch with a friend from work (he has one as well).

You can do a lot with these little things- they're only $30, but they fly great, and they're very durable.

Aero Ace Mods

Mine looks like this, except it's orange..




So the INTERESTING part of the story is this:

I discovered that the weather in Bellevue today was TOO WINDY FOR FLYING. I know this because my plane got blown up onto the third floor terrace of the Bellevue City Hall building, right on top of the police station. This was not good.


My friend and I went into the building looking for a way up to the terrace, but quickly realized that the third floor was for employees only. However, a kind gentleman swiped his card in the elevator and let us up to the third floor without verifying that we worked there. Heh. After arriving at the third floor, we stared at the terrace out a big glass window, but couldn't see my plane from there. We went around to the other side of the building and out a door, and found ourselves a mere two feet from the terrace walkway, but blocked but a door with no handle. (where the red circle is on the map). We were going to give up, but I decided I really wanted that plane. So, I crawled up on the 3-foot wide edge of the roof, around the door / pillar, and back down onto the terrace. I walked to where I thought my plane would be, and there it was. I walked back along the terrace and out the door (which had a handle on the other side, hey!)

We fled the scene with the police firing at us and helicoptors in hot pursuit.

The End.




* note: words in italics are not true. words in bold are probably true.

5 comments:

K. H. said...

is this story made up too?

PassiveAssassin said...

Nope, it's the real deal. Rizzle Dizzle. The girls & I went to the park today and I flew it some more. That thing is a blast to fly! It's like playing a video game, only in real life. ;) At one point, Faith asked me a question, and I was trying to figure out how to push "pause" so I could look away from the plane without it crashing.

PassiveAssassin said...

Well, I mean, it's all true except for the line in italics.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Why didn't you just run up the wall, grab the plane, double-backflip to the tree, bounce off, and front-flip to the ground below? =)

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Like so...